Sunday, May 04, 2014

I found my late cousin Ko Min Shin's short story, Not Ordained by Fate

Wow--Big Happiness today.

I found new audio version of my first cousin Ko Ko (Ko Min Shin's) short story--Kan Ma Hpan (Not Ordained by Fate).

I did not even know he wrote it or that he won the 1962 Short Story Collection Prize till now, so I am so pleased and moved to hear it.

Big thank you to the excellent reader and producer.

http://nwaymoresaung.blogspot.sg/2013/11/blog-post.html

Of course, I always knew that my cousin was an excellent observer and writer, and in this exquisite story, Min Shin, like the best writers, shows how people change.

Here he does it in only 18 pages.

In this case it is in the negative direction, for no other reason than "it comes easy"--

I won't say more because I wish you to listen.

It's also good if you are working on your Burmese having been born and brought up overseas.

Dedicated to my cousin U Min Shin, who died too soon, his wife Daw Khin Sein, his daughter Khine Khine, who died in a plane accident of their way home from Bagan, and all my Kamayut relatives.

You lived short, colorful lives but it was sure intense.

Love,

K.K
KMKaung
Washington, DC.
5-4-2014


USIP warns of scam centers on Burma-Thai border + KNU blames "allies" BGF for loss of Myawaddy (police station)--

KNU blames Border Guard Force for loss of Myawaddy (police station) to junta forces-- 2 consecutive articles in Irrawaddy. https://www.irr...