Monday, December 07, 2015

It will be a beauty feast--by KMKaung



I have a happy good life and I am truly tired of all the stomping, sneering, swearing and finger-pointing going on around me.


As I said of the wonderful dhanbauk/biryani, that my friend gave me, with 4 or 5 big chunks of meat, lots of rice and spices, that has sustained me for seven days completely,


"I am going to eat it. If they don't, it's their loss, too bad."


I pray I will always live under my own roof and by my own pen, and have so much in the bank I can shit gold, as in The Game of Thrones.


I made 1 1/2 coats/jackets today and yesterday.


One was from the acheik I recd at Thadingyut called Gun Metal Grey also known as The Shark.


The hidden pockets in the side seams were a bit tricky to make, this is only the second time I have made them. It was hard to lay the side seams felled and even.


I found that once the pockets are properly placed, it is easiest to make them less deep from the inside, by cutting down and sewing the pocket itself.


Thank you Friends who gave me the piece, as well as those who brought it to me.


The silks all fray a lot, so it was a little hard and I had to do some patching where I accidentally tore a bit of the fabric by using that razor that X got out of his shaving kit for me.


However, I am a good invisible mender, and no one is going to look under my armpit to see the work.


--
The other is a black and hot pink glittery jacket that I made from brocade bought with my sales earnings.


It is soo glittery, and this brocade frays a lot too.


However, I am making it reversible (more work) and I won't be done till tomorrow or the day after.


I am giving it a very unusual frilled collar in pink and black.


Putting the frills in, the pink frills less high than the black, was also a pain in the arse--


but I got it done.


Now I have to fell all the seams by hand.


It takes longer as I can't see very well and am doing everything by feel, believe it or not.


But it does not matter, this will probably be my last round doing things myself.


I did not want to go into real designing, because I did not wish to get involved with imports and sweat shop labor, but if I need to make more, I can always commission limited editions of say 5 to 10 jackets each, but that is way in the future when I have or find a retail outlet.


For now, it is just artist made wearable art made as one of a kind pieces.


Nothing wrong with that.


This one is inspired by all the Spanish bullfights and matadors' Suits of Lights


and I am going to call it Dona Matadora, why not.


I can call it anything I want.


I am then going to cut and make a jacket a day until I have to travel again.


The sewing machine purrs along so smoothly, unless I break a needle, this time through leaving a round-headed pin in the seam!


So I had to do some fabric surgery and get it out, as surely, I do not want to leave a pin in the coat.


And on my 80th birthday, or a lot earlier, I will have a big pig out feast and cook everything I want to cook.


So that's that.


Decided already.


As Hemingway might have said, It will be a beauty feast.


Now I have to go to sleep in order to train myself for a trip when I have to arise early.


KMKaung
12-7-2015
FB


































From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...