Thursday, December 10, 2015

Marie, Marie, a poem by Kyi May Kaung--



Quote of the day--from TS Eliot's The Wasteland--see link below--


And when we were children, staying at the archduke’s,
My cousin’s, he took me out on a sled,
And I was frightened. He said, Marie,
Marie, hold on tight. And down we went.
In the mountains, there you feel free.
I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter.


TS Eliot, The Wasteland.
Marie Marie

For Marie who needled me and needled me, for maybe 3000 miles.

You don't know anything about me really.
You often bark up the wrong trees.
But I can't waste time correcting you or arguing with you.
I have more important things to do.
Most of the time I pretend not to hear or to be asleep.

Lately I have started, taking off
my hearing aids in both ears.

And as for your devilish delving
into my marriage and my life,
you will find nothing there--why
muck around in an empty grave.

And I will write my memoirs or I probably won't
but in any case
I will only write what I want to write.

Don't get too curious.

If you wish to know you can read my fiction.

I won't give you any free copies of anything anymore either.

You who cut up frogs for your cutting pleasure.

Even a dead frog can only give up
what it wants.

Don't waste your time

and don't eat when you get bored.

It's not my job to entertain you, though it was nice to be driven around by you

so long as you don't drive me crazy.

It's a long haul and you just can't make

snap judgements in 2 minutes

as you do.

What can you know?

I have lived 2 times longer than you,

and at the very least

read more books, while you,

hide the titles of the bodice busters

you borrow from the library.

Oi vey

hard to see you pushing your mother like that

but one day

there will be no one

there

to push.

Too bad.

KMKaung
12-10-2015
FB

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...