Sunday, July 09, 2017

Really nice book of traveling in Burma and healing after death of a loved one--

https://www.amazon.com/Myanmar-Memoir-Recovery-Judyth-Gregory-Smith/dp/1105440052#reader_1105440052

This book was published on Lulu, and I don't know why the price is so high and the online sample so long,

but I enjoyed it.

It made me laugh as well as cry and she writes well, with no condecension, or "telling the native what to do," and not much criticism either, maybe shock sometimes.

Obviously she comes from a very international family focused on social work.

I would have liked more social justice, but well--she's not me, and I am reading her book because I don't want to go there.

kmk
7-9-2017

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...