Sunday, February 19, 2023

One of the poems my father used to read to me--

IF I SHOULD EVER BY CHANCE Edward Thomas IF I should ever by chance grow rich I'll buy Codham, Cockridden, and Childerditch, Roses, Pyrgo, and Lapwater, And let them all to my elder daughter. The rent I shall ask of her will be only Each year's first violets, white and lonely, The first primroses and orchises-- She must find them before I do, that is. But if she finds a blossom on furze Without rent they shall all forever be hers, Codham, Cockridden, and Childerditch, Roses, Pyrgo and Lapwater,-- I shall give them all to my elder daughter. (All I shall give to my elder daughter.) cheers km 9-24-2022

The 5 star couple --from 2022--now celebrating their 10th anniversary--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsf2nz2_jew