Thursday, October 25, 2012

Early Burmese junta and Ne Win crony - Brig Gen Aung Gyi dies at 94

http://www.irrawaddy.org/archives/17331 I distinctly remember the time he came to RFA in 1998. The goats' balls there led by "lady big bust" wanted to give a lot of air time to Aung Gyi saying "the military is the last hope of Burma." The entire interview in 2 parts was about 15 minutes long. There was an inquiry, then Big Bust, now with BBC Burmese, wanted to use my good name to whitewash her own involvement. She brought me a tape recorder and asked me to translate it for her. I was pissed off. I gave the Marantz back to her, saying, Miss BB, you know English and Burmese too, why don't you translate it yourself. Then I walked to the RFA Presdt and the VP and exec officer's offices and reported the matter - but then Alex came and prevailed on me to finish the translation. The Burmese dept head was on a short visit to ASEAN at the time. I translated it as it was - at one point Aung Gyi said to a question about who funded his trip "I sold my wife's diamond ear rings to come." I ask you, which Burmese wife would allow that. So BB was not happy with the translation, and assigned the little non-Burmese,non-Burmese speaker, Amish girl secretary to "edit" my English. This time I took the matter to RFA's Public Relations official, then Pat Lutz. Pat came to my desk, asked where the Word file was and "click" sent it to the US Embassy in Rangoon. That is how the RFA Burmese dept head, BB etc all had it out to push me out. That, and for saying "Nobel Peace Laureate Daw Aung San Suu Kyi" on air every time I mentioned her on air, when the goats balls department head had said it was "repetitious" and saying "Burmese democracy leader" would be enough. This Saw Yan Naing article is the Truth. Aung Gyi initially lost his number two status with Ne Win about 1964 because he made a trip to Japan, in which he gave an interview and was touted as the new bright young man for Burma. This was the same way Dr Nyi Nyi was pushed out. Because of a profile in Time Magazine. Ne Win was not about to allow that and got rid of him/them immediately. I am glad all these stories are now coming out. They are after all true. Kyi May Kaung

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...