Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sandy suspensions in city that never sleeps -

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/28/travel/tropical-weather-transportation/index.html?hpt=hp_t1 Encouraged by so many people reading my blog, I send you CNN on Sandy shutdowns of AMTRAK, NJ Transit, etc etc. beginning 6 PM today. Glad I suspended (i.e. cancelled) my own trek out to opening of new Burmese monastery in Virginia. VA as you know is a foreign land. The prospect of meeting so many Burmese again so soon (last met Sept 20th when Daw Suu was in town) made me tired before I began - only person I wanted to see was/is my dear friend who invited me. Better for me to go get some supplies at supermart and prep for Sandy - do my laundry, wash my dishes - such exciting stuff. If I sound amused or bemused, has nothing to do with you or USA. Reading my funny friend's blog Kanlaon and about her eating and taxi driver adventures on Bacalog. ***

myanmar junta says it has retaken Myawaddy police outpost--stay tuned.

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmar-junta-says-troops-back-in-border-trade-hub-myawaddy.html