Monday, April 28, 2014

So happy--by KMKaung

I am so happy I don't need to live my life all over again.

No more not being told of the facts of life in detail nor in a timely manner.
No more preying male servants.
No more unwelcome adolescence.
No more getting married and having children, no matter how wonderful.
No more in laws, sigh sigh, what a relief.

No more the stink of the clogged up lavatories at the Inst of Eco.
No more only one map of the world to look at my whole life.
No more stinking The Monkey Cries Tree.
No more Burmese culture.
No more pretend pretend till your dying day.

No more thinking how to leave.
No more adapting and trying to survive in a new country.
No more calculus.

No more radio station from hell with its jerks, transgendered big bust women, womanizers and air heads.

No more media and interviews and being politically correct, and truthfully incorrect and diplomatic.

Now more reaching over my right ear to touch my left one.  No more contorting myself like  a pretzel, flung around, twirled around, twisted, boiled, then baked.

No more conferences and seminars.
No more simultaneous translation of
essential junk and lies.  No more reading the news under pressure.

No more make up.
No more hair dye.
No more hair dresser.

And one day I ran into J. and asked how Pearl was, and he said, "She died last Monday."

"Oh.

I hope her passing was peaceful."

"Oh yes, oh yes," J said.

Pearl once married to such a rich Mexican, she lived in San Miguelle de Allende http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Miguel_de_Allende
Her in laws bred horses and her brothers in law and her husband rode around in red livery.

No more feeling so guilty as that day the snow just stopped for one day, and I went grocery shopping,
black crusted snow caked up in piles 3 feet high on cleared paths
one of the most affluent and well-educated
counties in the USA.

And looking over the green pineapples and the not ready yet mangoes and seeing
J hanging helplessly on his shopping cart.

And being unable to go help him as so shaky myself.

No more.

And J the head of the Cuban section, and wrote a best selling book about an earthquake that still reads well.

And J and Pearl on 9/12, setting out by Greyhound bus to take a look at newly re-named Ground Zero because,

"Well, that's his job," and both already about 80.

And Ground Zero still probably smoking and smelling of
Death and dead people.

And Pearl telling me, "Today I fired my doctor
because he does nothing but keep giving me medicines, and making me feel bad.

And now I am going to a Tibetan healer."

And you wonder why I am selective about who I will befriend.

Well, just look at them.

KMKaung
4-28-2014



From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...