Monday, April 28, 2014

Two classic Sci Fi novels and prescient futuristic visions

I finished reading Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

It is beautifully written and imagined, and is a bit like my other favorite, A Canticle for St. Liebowitz, which I have read twice.

Fahrenheit 451 is poetic and sparse in the writing, but not in the brutal, totalitarian, anti-intellectual world it depicts.

It's strange that I should be reading it the same week I went to see Book Thief, but these serendipidous things often happen to me.

I had F 451 a long time, but I only started reading it about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

It's definitely a classic and I am going to keep my rather large print copy forever.

KMKaung
4-28-2014



Warning --graphic--mass graves Gaza--BBC--

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68891216