Monday, November 17, 2014

Would hate to be a woman in Burma--by Kyi May Kaung

I don't think anyone has done a comprehensive survey of women's health in Burma.
How about a survey of Burmese so-called hospitals.
All the anecdotal evidence I have have ever heard or gleaned from reading news articles is--
1.  I would hate to be a woman in Burma, any locality, any age, even a wealthy but ignorant crony woman.
2.  I would hate to be a man in Burma.
3.  I would hate to be a child or adolescent in Burma.
4.  I'd hate to be an animal or plant in Burma.

would being a dictator or a monk in Burma be good--don't think so either.

I would not even like to be a Buddha statue in Burma.

All those people who write nostalgic idealistic stories are all wrong.

Maybe it would be good to be a rat in Burma during the bamboo bloom period.

--
Copyright Kyi May Kaung
11-17-2014
also posted on Facebook

Burmese riddle verses from The Atlantic 1958

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1958/02/some-burmese-riddle-verses/640460/