Thursday, October 01, 2015

White Hair--A Poem by Kyi May Kaung

She comes out to check the mail box

at this odd hour when all the taps

have just come back full blast.

She has a flannel shirt just like mine

sans the hole in front.

Mine is 25 years old.

Has done a lot of painting.

She has almost invisible hearing aids just like mine

but I can see her's as her hair is shorter.

I don't really want to pay the convenience store $8 for 3 items.

But the tube of black paint is drying by the minute

and time is calling to me like Georgia O'Keefe's flowers.

Besides, what is a convenience store for if not for convenience, which comes with a price.

I consider asking if the scratches on his legs are due to diabetes, and then don't.

I had to post the check before the deadline.

I don't want to go to the grocery except with a cart to buy $120+ worth of food.

--
At 6 or 7 PM the working employed will come back

30 somethings they talk to each other.

One works at Discovery

the other with a fat pleasant suety dark face

at Immigration

(a lot going on there)

They almost totally ignore

the seniors like me who work at home.

My poetry bug switches on

I take notes.

KMKaung
10-1-2015

Photo Yellow Rose in the City --KMKaung

Very nice--a writer meets an actress in a cafe and they fall in love--

https://www.aol.com/news/valerie-bertinelli-boyfriend-reveals-identity-031332062.html