Wednesday, September 27, 2017

2 puffa jackets to one coat--crafts

As a writer, and after reading Michener's The Novel, I always feel that one should "do something else" for the time when one is not reading and writing. Steinbeck made boxes and gardened, and in The Novel, the writer does carpentry. Well, I paint and sew and cook and clean, and this woman Tree's videos have confirmed what I have been doing. Never take out a seam once put in. Before I saw her videos, I cannibalized 2 wool pants into one vest, 2 cotton pants into one blouse and after I watched her, I cut down 3 long dresses into tops, some with this very new shape. https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEV7nVKstZPRYAtQEnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Stitchless+TV+Youtube&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001#id=60&vid=3978a62149b0819c24b4a3c9f6793539&action=view Also watching her made me confident to cut boldly. Now sewing quite intensively for my craft show with others on 3 and 4th Nov--see Friendship Heights Village Center newsletter for details. I learned a tremendous amount by reading online or watching Youtube, incld how to make Italian meringue by Gordon Ramsey. But since I can't eat sugars, once I knew how, I didn't make it again, and I whipped the egg whites all by hand, in fact it gave me better control while watching the syrup turn a very light gold. I have a beater, but it's in another city. And now I regret having thrown out all my pans bought at garage sales, including a spring form pan and a soup pot/stock pot. It's very annoying not to have enough space for one projects. I will need a lot of space to do silk painting and tie dying. kmk 9-27-2017 Kyi May Kaung Words Sounds and Images

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...