Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Mozart complete opera, The Magic Flute (audio only) conducted by Herbert von Karajan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHqX1HuUpk It's a little different musically from productions I am more used to. The musical interpretation is a bit different. I don't speak or understand much German, but I think the German ennunciation in this production is more distinct. I do find that sometimes von Karajan can be technically excellent, but a bit soulless in his interpretation. I liked the Levine, Metropolitan Opera production featuring Kathleen Battle the best. The sets and costumes of that production were designed by David Hockney. Kyi May Kaung 9-5-2017

Yuan Dynasty and death of Kublai Khan--from wiki

The Yuan dynasty created the "Han Army" (漢軍) out of defected Jin troops and an army of defected Song troops called the "Newly...