Saturday, March 02, 2013

Ai Wei Wei from the Hirschorn Show - Oct 2012

 Black and white photos
 School bags installation on site - each bag representing an earthquake victim.
 Ai Wei Wei and his fan base found all the names and did a full documentation of the children who died in the earthquake.
The government mounted a security camera to look at him, so Ai carved it in white marble.

Ai Wei Wei -- "I could not come to Washington DC.  (My friends helped me put up the exhibit).  I am like the vegetable seller - if you like my product, you can buy it - at the end of the day, if things are unsold, we pack up and take them home."

This is not an exact transcription, but more like a paraphrase.

Photos copyright K.M. Kaung


Specialpost--Ellen Bernstein--expose of World Bank Rohingya project--

https://www.irrawaddy.com/culture/books/hellfire-and-damnation-in-myanmar-ex-world-bank-country-head-recounts-rohingya-catastrophe-response....